The Pony Bike
The pony bike project is done, at least for now. Additions to the stock Xtracycle components include:
- Big Apples: Schwalbe tires for a cushy ride with great handling and durability.
- Copper foot rests: a simple spot to place those patas.
- BFL-2010 LED bicycle front light: easily as bright as a car headlight.
- A liberal application of reflective tape and two large rear lights: for extra nighttime visibility.
- Custom deck: Joyce drew out the pony head and rear on a piece of 2×12 Southern pine. Matt’s seat backs and handles allow extra stability at starts, stops, and over bumps.
- Glass eyes, plus Wool-Ease mane and tail: make it a pony.
- Lone Star on right rump: make it a Texan.
- Bouquet of flowers on a fiberglass tusk whip flag pole: for visibility and charm.
- Reflective/phosphorescent halter and reins: for visibility and because, well, every backseat cowgirl and cowboy need some.
Tags: Crafty · Dynamic Duo